I came up with these Ritz s’mores cookies around the holidays and I’m still dreaming of them. They are beyond yummy for any time of the year! They are also the type of treat that is just salty enough to make them addicting since they aren’t overly sweet. If you love s’mores and you love life, then make these little guys.
How do you make Ritz S’mores Cookies? All you need are some Ritz crackers, chocolate chips, marshmallows and peanut butter for this easy recipe. These s’mores cookies are so delicious and work well for any occasion!
Ritz S’mores Cookie Recipe
I actually am not a huge marshmallow fan, but the marshmallows get a little crispy in the oven and they almost melt in your mouth, making these just perfection. Also, this recipe requires pretty much no measuring or mixing, just throw it all together. Have I sold you on these s’mores cookies yet? Now read on to see how to make them!
These Ritz S’mores are a great recipe for kids to help with. since there are not very many steps and pretty much no measuring, kids will love helping assemble these yummy cookies. These are sure to be a hit at any party. The sweet and salty combo is so delicious.
Ingredients Needed For Ritz S’mores Cookie Recipe
Here’s what you will need (no exact measurements required!)
- Ritz Crackers
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Creamy Peanut Butter
How To Make Ritz S’mores Cookies
1. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each cracker.
2. Next, top each cracker with 3 mini marshmallows.
3. Stick them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 6 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffy and slightly golden.
4. Top each cracker with another Ritz spread with peanut butter to make adorable little sandwiches.
5. Melt your chocolate chips (I just melted mine in the microwave) and dip each cracker sandwich in until fully covered.
6. Place them on waxed paper to cool and to allow the chocolate to harden. I stuck mine in the fridge to speed up this process.
Once the chocolate is hardened, you are ready to dig in! If you do stick them in the fridge, the marshmallows will harden but they soften up again after they’ve been at room temperature and it doesn’t affect the flavor at all.
They are cute enough that you could package them up and give them as a gift, if you are selfless like that. Or you could just eat them all in one sitting.
If you love s’mores, or even if you don’t…try them today! And if you REALLY love s’mores, try out my toasted marshmallow s’mores milkshake. It’s crazy good!