I knew I wanted to do something inexpensive and easy for the window treatments in the nursery. I had seen some tutorials for fabric covered roller blinds and was honestly a little skeptical that it would end up looking cheapy. But, We already had roller blinds up and had the fabric, so I decided to go for it. I was very pleased with the results and how easy they were!
You can catch a sneak peak of the wall color in the photo above! It’s barely gray. We started out with this premier prints fabric that I bought off of fabric.com when it was on sale.
Next, I just marked with a pen where the fabric needed to go up to on the roller blind when it’s fully extended. You want to extend it a few inches past where it would normally be.
After cutting the fabric to size and allowing a few inches extra all around, I laid down an old sheet and got out the spray adhesive. I went in small sections and followed the directions on the can. I just sprayed the fabric, waited about a minute and then adhere it to the shade, smoothing out any wrinkles, in about 1 foot sections until it was all done.
After it was covered, I flipped the whole thing over and turned the edges over to the other side. I used spray adhesive and a bit of hot glue. Then I was done! So easy and I think it turned out nice. I would definitely recommend home decor weight fabric.
The windows still looked bare, so I went ahead and made my super easy sheet curtains out of just plain white full size sheets. I already had one on hand and just had to buy another one for $5 at Walmart. (I needed 2 sheets since there are 2 windows to cover in the nursery). I found some tiny yellow ball fringe and thought it would look so sweet to add to the edges!
Eventually I will raise the curtain rod and make some tie backs (I just tied some scraps for now, just to visualize it) out of the pink fabric…but you get the idea!