Lately I’ve had the urge to get my paints out. Most of my paintings end up just being doodles or experiments. But, I had the idea of just using black lines to create a Halloween inspired pumpkin painting. It’s super easy and is a perfect project for kids!
I had a huge empty frame and I was wanting some easy to put in there. So I grabbed a piece of poster board and some black paint.
I taped down a pumpkin shaped piece of paper that I quickly cut out.
Then, I just began making vertical lines.
I just kept filling in the entire area with lines of different widths.
I almost left it like this, but I decided to go in and add horizontal lines for a cross hatched look. (and yes, I was getting black paint spots on my floor. It wiped up, don’t worry)
After everything was dry, I just removed the pumpkin and was done. You could obviously do this same method with any shape or even words. And a smaller scale would go much quicker.
I think it looks festive with my black, white and metallic fall decor!
And now I have a treat! I have 7 other Halloween projects to share with you from my bloggy friends! Click on the links below to see how to make all of these super creative projects.
1) Halloween Paper Wreath by Cook and Craft Me Crazy
2) Knock If You Dare by From Wine to Whine
3) Spooky Ghosts Etched Votives by Tiny Sidekick
4) Rice Krispy Treat Tombstones by Play. Party. Pin.
5) Countdown to Halloween Sign by Lil Mrs Tori
6) Bat Wreath by Whistle and Ivy
7) Black and White Pumpkin Painting by Homemade Ginger
8) Eraser-Stamped Halloween Shirt by Cutesy Crafts