If you want to know how to make q-tip flowers, then you are in luck! This tutorial is so easy and the flowers look so cute and festive when you are finished. These little q-tip flower would look so cute as a centerpiece for a kid’s birthday party or even has some decor to brighten your desk.
It’s so easy to make q-tip flowers with just a few steps and a handful of supplies. This is a craft that kids will love helping with. You can customize the colors to fit your decor or party theme!
How To Make Q-Tip Flowers
I’m always on the hunt for simple crafts for kids. After a recent trip to Anthropologie, I was inspired by their q-tip flowers that they had on display. I decided to make the ultimate q-tip craft at home by making a smaller version of my own flowers. Scroll down to watch the video tutorial!
Materials Needed For Q-Tip Flowers
Directions For How To Make Q-Tip Flowers
1. Cut the Q-tips in half
2. Poke them into the Styrofoam ball:
3. Once you are finished, mix up some water and food coloring.
4. Set it on a towel to dry. The color will lighten a little when dry, so keep that in mind when you are mixing up your color!
5. Now, snip the stems off of some cheapy flowers. Keep the wire inside the stem.
6. Poke it into the ball. You may want to secure it with a bit of hot glue.
*This post contains affiliate links