I’ve embarked on new territory now that Lula is in school. It’s been a bit of a challenge to come up with a healthy lunch for a picky eater! So, I’ve share some of the lunches that we’ve come up with that she will actually eat. They are all vegetarian and only one contains a sandwich.
Lula will not eat meat and she decided a few months ago that she does not like peanut butter sandwiches. Then she decided (right before school started) that she doesn’t like sandwiches at all. Thankfully she loves fruit, veggies, nuts and probably lots of other healthy options that other kids might not like. I have loved 100 days of Real Food for their lunch ideas. We have used lots of these and Lula has loved them all so far. We also use the ziplock divided containers recommended by them and it’s been great! No baggies are necessary, just pop on the lid and stick it in the lunchbox. I love seeing what other people pack, so here are the lunches from last week that I quickly snapped photos of.
From left to right:
1. yogurt, homemade granola, whole wheat and cream cheese waffle sandwich, grapes, dark chocolate square.
2. yogurt, carrots, veggie straws and a peanut butter sandwich (yes, I snuck one in…and she ate it!)
3. triscuits, cheese, blueberries, celery with peanut butter and a whole wheat zucchini muffin.
4. triscuits, cheese, banana, almonds and celery.
5. apple and peanut butter “sandwiches”, zucchini muffin, celery and cheese.
6. triscuits, cheese, pickle, salad and grapes.
To make things more fun, Lula helped me make these toothpicks that I sometimes stick in her muffin, fruit or sandwich.
Actually, I think Lula made them all. She just sandwiched 2 stickers on top of a toothpick. Done! I guess this could qualify as her first blog tutorial. Now if I could teach her how to take and edit photos, I could really put her to work.