I’m excited to share a DIY wreath with you all today. It’s been too long. I knew I wanted to make a new Christmas wreath and wasn’t sure what direction to go. This wreath kind of just evolved once I got started, (much like my GIANT Christmas wreath that I made out of a hula hoop). I decided to do a felt covered wreath of some sort and I ended up with this ombre holiday wreath!
It’s super bright and cheerful which I love. Lula thought it was a Valentine’s day wreath at first, so maybe it doesn’t scream “Christmas” but that’s ok with me. Once everything else is up on the mantle, I think it will Christmasy enough. Here’s how I made it:
I started out with a foam wreath circle and a bunch of felt squares ranging from white to red.
I cut each color into strips about 3 inches wide.
Then I just wrapped each strip around, overlapping in the back. I used hot glue to secure. After overlapping the colors, here is how it looked:
I made some green flowers in various shades. I used this type of felt flower and this one as well
After making a pom pom garland, here is how it looks up on the fireplace!
It would look so fun and cheery hanging on a door as well!
My DIY Christmas wreath took about an hour to make and it was very cheap. The foam wreath was 1/2 off and the felt was probably only a few dollars total.
For more Christmas tutorials like this one, check out:
And, BONUS: Here are 8 other amazing holiday projects out there in blogland. You must check out my bloggy friends and get some other inspiration!
1) DIY Flocked Ball Ornaments by Sugar Tart Crafts
2) African Flower Crochet Stocking by Persia Lou
3) Washi Tape Christmas Tree by Keeping it Simple
4) Ombre Holiday Wreath by Homemade Ginger
5) Christmas White Chocolate Crispies by Cupcake Diaries
6) DIY Chunky Candy Canes by Whistle and Ivy
7) Felt School Picture Ornament by Cutesy Crafts
8) Pine Cone & Berry Tree by Cook and Craft Me Crazy
9) DIY Christmas Stockings by Tiny Sidekick