When I was pregnant with Lula, I swore that we would only have wooden or cloth toys and ones that didn’t make any noise. I also said I would do cloth diapers 100% of the time, only feed her organic food for her entire life, and never give her sugar. Anyone who has a preschooler knows that all of those things go out the window by about age 2. Although they are wonderful things to strive for! I wish all of our toys were wooden and didn’t make noise, I wish I had time to wash Pearl’s cloth diapers every day, but she only wears them about 50% of the time and I wish I could afford to buy all organic food.
However, I still love researching and buying our girls quality toys. We only give them a couple of gifts for Christmas, so I try to make them things that will last. Luckily, Pearl is at the age where I can still control her playtime and give her wooden toys that she will hopefully love! A lot our baby toys are lost or broken, so I’ve been having fun coming up with a couple of things to give her for Christmas. When I was browsing Target, I noticed that they actually had quite a few wooden, cloth and non-noise making baby toys (that cat piano DOES make noise, but our girls have had it for 2 years and still play with it every day, so I had to take a picture of it).
I decided to come up with a little baby gift guide with stuff that you can find at Target.
1. B. AB3’s Wooden Stand – I love this because I can see all 3 of my girls playing with this one.
2. B. Zany Zoo Wooden Activity Cube – We have never owned something like this, but again, even Lula and Jane gravitate towards these activity cubes when we are at friends’ homes that own them.
3. Go Ga Ga Soft Zoo Puzzle – I love that this cute little puzzle can transition from baby to toddler. The soft toys are also puzzle pieces.
4. Sophie the Giraffe – We’ve never owned sophie, but everyone raves about her. I’m just curious what all the hype is about.
5. Skip Hop Flapping Owl Pull Toy – This little owl is simply adorable. I love toys that are cute enough to leave out and at least create cute clutter instead of ugly clutter.
6. Discover Toys Wooden Windmill Stackeroo – again, a cute toy to clutter my house! I love any stacking toys, they’ve always been a hit with my girls.
7. Melissa and Doug Wooden Alligator Push Toy – We actually own this. We bought it for Lula when she was 1 and Jane loved it as well. I can’t wait to get it back out for Pearl. It has held up great and is always popular with friends that come over (although it is rather loud on hardwood floors!)
So, there ya have it! I love cute toys…is that weird?
And now for the good part. Target is giving away a $25 gift card to one lucky reader!! This comes at the perfect time for finishing up your Christmas shopping! Enter using the widget below (it takes a few seconds to load, so be patient!) #MyKindofHoliday
a Rafflecopter giveaway