A Journal Project

Recently, I have acquired some journals from Reid leftover from work. They are thin and have a plain cardboard front. I actually like them the way they are, but thought it would be fun to figure out some ways to spice them up a bit.

I for the first journal, I didn’t think much. I just found some vintage fabric scraps and came up with this:

It’s the same concept as my fabric cards. I just cut a few leaf shapes out of the fabric

Then,  I laid them out until I liked out it looked…
After that, I literally just sewed them on with the sewing machine. I added a “stem” down the center as well. Since the journal will get more use than a card, I tried to come up with a way to keep the thread from unraveling. I took some fabric glue…
  
And put a dot on each thread ending on the backside
And done! 
  I’ll be back later with updates on what I’m doing with the other journals!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>