I've been wanting to make Jane some shoes, and when I found a free pattern online, I decided to take a stab at it. I've never made tiny shoes before...or any shoes for that matter. Although the pattern was very simple, it was a little difficult to work with such tiny fabric pieces and pleats. I also somehow made a mistake and didn't line the inner bottom sole on the shoes. Hopefully my next ones will turn out much better.
They did come out very tiny, so thankfully Jane has small feet. However, they don't stay on very well, so next time I will make the elastic a bit tighter.
All in all, my craftsmanship was not great for this first attempt, but they are still pretty cute. I have my next pair cut out. It's a great way to use up scraps and would be a fabulous baby gift! Maybe I will whip up a few coordinating headbands!