2 lb. ground beef
2 cans refried beans (I make my own)
1 1/3 c. enchilada sauce
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. minced onion
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
3 c. shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexican blend, whatever)
20 flour tortillas (burrito-size)Brown ground beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients (except tortillas). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Heat 3-4 tortillas at a time. Spoon 1/4 c. beef mixture down the side of each tortilla.
Roll up. Wrap each burrito in a paper towel, then wrap in foil.
Refrigerate or freeze. I like to pack them in the tortilla ziplock bag.
When ready to eat, remove foil and microwave for about a minute. The paper towel keeps the burritos moist. If you don’t use a microwave, skip the paper towel and just wrap in foil. Then heat burritos in the oven with foil. For a sit down meal they are nice topped with lettuce, cheese, salsa, and sour cream. If you’re eating on the run, though, just grab and go!
1 package jumbo shells
1 large Prego spaghetti sauce or 2 bottles of another brand
1-2 lbs hamburger
1-2 garlic cloves
White or yellow onion chopped
1 8 oz. bag shredded mozzarella
1 c or MORE of parmesan cheese
¼ c. Italian bread crumbs
* maybe could add spinach
Salt, pepper, and parsley to taste
1. Preheat to 350
2. Boil jumbo shells until cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Mince garlic and chop onion, then sauté in a little olive oil. Add hamburger and cook then let cool a bit.
4. In a bowl mix mozzarella, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Mix in hamburger and then add 2 eggs
6. Pour a little bit of spaghetti sauce into 9×13 dish.
7. Stuff shells with meat/cheese mix and place in dish.
8. Pour sauce over shells until covered and sprinkle with parmesan.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.