It's super bright and cheerful which I love. Lula thought it was a Valentine's day wreath at first, so maybe it doesn't scream "Christmas" but that's ok with me. Once everything else is up on the mantle, I think it will Christmasy enough. Here's how I made it:
I made some green flowers in various shades. I used this type of felt flower and this one as well
After making a pom pom garland (I will share this one later), here is how it looks up on the fireplace!
It would look so fun and cheery hanging on a door as well!
I think it took about an hour to make and it was very cheap. The foam wreath was 1/2 off and the felt was probably only a few dollars total.
And, BONUS: Here are 8 other amazing holiday projects out there in blogland. You must check out my bloggy friends and get some other inspiration!
1) DIY Flocked Ball Ornaments by Sugar Tart Crafts
2) African Flower Crochet Stocking by Persia Lou
3) Washi Tape Christmas Tree by Keeping it Simple
4) Ombre Holiday Wreath by Homemade Ginger
5) Christmas White Chocolate Crispies by Cupcake Diaries
6) DIY Chunky Candy Canes by Whistle and Ivy
7) Felt School Picture Ornament by Cutesy Crafts
8) Pine Cone & Berry Tree by Cook and Craft Me Crazy
9) DIY Christmas Stockings by Tiny Sidekick